Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pearl Harbor















We visited Pearl Harbor this summer and wow. All I can say is that there is so much you do not know about that place, that time in history and about that morning until you go there.  Just imagining it as it was, with all those ships in the harbor and in flames, you can't help but feel an overwhelming love for the men that sacrificed so much that day and see how much more together and patriotic this country was after the Pearl Harbor attack. So if you EVER are in Hawaii, you best not leave unless you pay respects and visit the memorial. It's so beautiful and I think one of my favorite parts was on our boat ride back form the U.S.S Arizona Memorial, the marine that was driving the boat helped a little girl steer the way. It just made me feel proud of the men and women who VOLUNTEER to protect us and  not just the United States but other countries as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and I'll give you a cookie! ...